Monday, September 10, 2012

Catch a flight... need a bag...

Airport and airplane restrictions these days make travelling so unpleasant. With some airlines, only one item of hand-luggage is allowed. This is to include handbag and duty free purchases. Regardless of the passport check... and perhaps purchases to be made... and other reasons for needing some small items to hand. Recently it has driven me *crazy* having to open zip, close zip etc on my big bag.
So today, with a flight to catch to Germany at 5pm, I decided to solve the problem and sew up a basic shoulder pouch that could easily crumple into my suitcase if the lady at the boarding gate got snotty and insisted on only one piece of luggage.
I had no pattern but made it up out of my head. The map on the flap laying so perfectly on the map of the main bag was a pure coincidence!
But what was I thinking cutting 90 degree corners?! Next time, that'll be a curve!
Lined with leftover black crepe satin from the High-Waisted Skirt I made recently. And the strap is made from that too.
It's reversible.
Did the job!


No comments:

Post a Comment