Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sewaholic Cambie Dress #1

I titled this post "Cambie Dress #1" because I have a feeling I'll be making more of them!
The pattern is another of Tasia's from Sewaholic. According to a fellow online dressmaker, this is the
pattern that's taking the UK blogging community by storm
I purchased it from the online store, The Village Haberdashery. It's the second Sewaholic pattern I've made. I made a Renfrew Top in salmon pink recently. I find Tasia's patterns easy to follow - enjoyable and fun.
The fabric was bought by my aunt in Brussels as a birthday present. It's a viscose rayon. Doesn't feel very pleasant to me but I have lined it in a black cotton voile and that feels gorgeous. I cut the shape of the skirt lining according to "A" style in the pattern - the more worky version of this dress.
I love the back of the dress, how it becomes the sleeves!
Not sure about black shoes with this dress. Looking at these pictures, I think it needs a pair of lilac shoes. To be spotted at a wedding near you soon...!

2 comments: