Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Typewriter messenger bag

Another project inspired by The Village Haberdashery's blog. Quite clever really, making interesting suggestions of bags and clothes to be made from their fabrics! Very tempting.
The fabric is from Melody Miller's Ruby Star Shining collection: Typewriters Blue.
I was so pleased that cutting the fabric of the front flap to centre on a typewriter worked out! Worth the extra head-scratching! I made the bag according to a free tutorial on mmmcrafts.
Originally, I had ordered a Kona Cotton Solid in Amber which would have matched the centre stripe on the typewriter but I was happy to have changed my mind to the Coral colour. Here's the inside pocket (yep, I lined up a typewriter again!):
I loved working with the Melody Miller fabric. It felt lovely. Kind of a canvas-feel to it.

1 comment: