Monday, May 7, 2012

Itty Bitty Dress for Rose

I got the inspiration for this project from a blogpost by The Village Haberdashery and bought the fabrics there too. My first little niece is just 2 months old.
The pattern can be found on Made by Rae. She calls it The Itty Bitty Dress.
The fabric is by Cloud9:
  • Maman – Chinoiserie
  • Nursery Basics – Gingham Shell
It was my first time making piping. It should have been 5mm but I think I only bought 2.5mm (in Hickey's Home Focus in Carrickmines which have quite an impressive stock of crafts products and some dressmaking and quilting fabrics). The bias binding and the fabric for the piping should have been cut on the bias but I couldn't bring myself to slice a diagonal through the fabric and so I cut it on the straight.
I'm worried it won't fit her!

No comments:

Post a Comment